We served up this gorgeous veggie coconut curry for our fabulous Yogi’s at FEBRUARY POWER BRUNCH and it was SO delicious we had to share the recipe with you all!
It’s a time for nourishing ourselves with healthy, comfort loving food and this is the perfect dish!
APRILS COCONUTTY CURRY
Serves 4-5 people.
Prep 10-15 mins. Total Cooking Time 35 – 40mins approx.
*Feel free to use any veg you have in the fridge, freezer or access to!*
- 1 x Small Cauliflower
- 1 x Medium Sweet Potato
- 1 x Aubergine
- 1 x Red Pepper
- 1 x Red Onion
- 5cm Fresh Ginger
- 2 x Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tin Coconut Milk
- ½ tin Chopped Tomatoes
- ½ Lime Juiced
Fresh Chopped Coriander (to serve)
Grain of choice (Brown rice/ Quinoa etc.)
Toasted Cashews (optional)
Black pepper & salt to taste.
- Chop the sweet potato and cauliflower into bite sized pieces. Boil until just soft.
- Boil a sauce pan for the rice/ quinoa and cook to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile chop the onion, aubergine & red pepper and grate the ginger and garlic. Sauté all together with a little coconut oil in a pan until soft.
- Add to the pan the turmeric, ground cumin, cumin seeds, cinnamon, smoked paprika and stir on the heat for a 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, chopped tomatoes, lime juice, cooked sweet potato and cauliflower and stir until combined. Bring to boil on a medium heat and then simmer on a low heat for 5-10 mins. The curry should thicken up nicely.
- Serve with the cooked grain, fresh chopped coriander, lime, chopped fresh green chilli and toasted cashews.
- This dish is a great with fresh guacamole or crudités & dips on the side.
- For an extra kick add fresh chilli! (I love a little spice).
- Add a tin of chickpeas or cannelloni beans for an extra health & protein boost.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze.
- You could blend leftover curry into soup, thinned with a little water/ oat milk and maybe an additional tin of cannelloni beans, for a warming lunch.
- Double or triple the spice mix and store in a jar to create your own curry powder blend and make this meal even quicker and week night friendly! (Also makes a great gift!!)
Happy cooking yogis. Wishing you all well wishes and happy thoughts. Lets nourish ourselves and cook for our immediate loved ones and comfort our body by nourishing & warming them from the inside.
With Love & Light,